Rain Bennett is an expert storyteller who teaches people how to leverage story to grow their communities, deepen their connections, and maximize their impact in minimal time. In this episode of Storyhouse, Rain shows us how to find our unique story and shares some of the most profound story moments of his own life.
Rain Bennett is an Emmy-nominated filmmaker, author, keynote speaker, and storytelling coach with over 15 years of experience producing documentary films. He hosts a weekly podcast called The Storytelling Lab which features the top storytellers in the world and recently released his first book, Six Second Stories. His mission is simple: to teach people how to leverage storytelling to grow their communities, deepen their connections, and maximize their impact in minimal time.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- How filming a successful documentary on a shoestring budget proved the importance of substance over style:
- Why turning your tragic flaw into your superpower is critical if you want to connect with your target audience
- How Rain differentiated himself by leaning into his weakness
- How Rain helps his clients tell their stories by finding their unique intersections
- The hard stories Rain has had to navigate in his own life, and how telling them has helped him grow
- What it means to be a multipotentialite and how to build a business when you have multiple passions
CONNECT WITH RAIN:
LinkedIn @Rain Bennett